Sunday, April 3, 2011

Wish Big Birthday card - CQC 78, Mojo 184 and Birthday Sundaes Ch 3

Good morning all!  It's a month of BIRTHDAYS around here!  Here is another card I have to share with you.  This is one of my all time favorite color combinations and I really like how this one turned out.  I have to admit though... as I was finishing this up last night, I thought this looked a little more like a wedding card.  I liked this stamp so much.. .I had to use it... and I surely wasn't going to start over.  The person I am giving this to is "Elegant" and "Beautiful"...so it fits her personality to a tee.  My daughter just said "Mom, it will work."  :-)
I used the color combo from over at Colour Q Challenge 78   and the sketch from Mojo Monday 184.  I highly recommend both of these challenge blogs for inspiration and a challenge.  It's my first time playing at Colour Q (after paroozing it for months) and the Mojo Monday has been one of my favorite GOTO places.  I am also entering it into Birthday Sundaes Challenge #3 (Anything Birthday).  I just recently found this challenge blog through one of my new followers Kreative Kristie,  and it looks like a fun one.  Go take a look and participate!!











Supplies:
Cardstock: All SU.. Pink Pirouette, Certainly Celery DSP (from Love Stories simply scrappin'), Kraft, Early Espresso, Welcome Neighbor Designer paper pad,
StampsSU Short and Sweet,
              My Time Made Easy On Display (first time with this one and LOVE.)
InkSU Chocolate Chip, SU Markers (Pink Pirouette, Basic Brown, Certainly Celery, Melon Mambo)
OtherSU Pretty in Pink Epoxy Brads, Basic Pearls, Border Scallop Punch, Circle Punches, Flower die-cut from Love Stories Simply Scrappin'. Crumb Cake (Kraft) Seam Binding Ribbon.

Have a wonderful Sunday!!

17 comments:

Sylvia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sylvia said...

Sorry Michelle, I just got in from working outside and my brain is about gone!
This is a great birthday card, Michelle! Thanks so much for playing with us at the colourQ this week!

Vivi Martínez said...

I think that elegant and beautiful are the words for this card. I am with your daughter, it sure will works!
Thanks for playing with us at Birthday Sundaes!

Vivi

Anita Scroggins said...

Hi Michelle, I am so glad that you finally decided to jump in with us! Love the card - so pretty!! Thanks for playing along with us at ColourQ!

Kristie W. said...

Beautiful card! I love the cake image and the row of pearls. Thanks for playing along with Birthday Sundaes and for the shout out!

~Kristie

Sherrie K. said...

I love the card...just beautiful!!! I like the color choices you used too:) Very pretty!!
I am a follow of yours, would love for you to hop over to my blog and follow too:) Good luck in the challenges!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Michele K. said...

LOVE it Michele! I like the pearls on the kraft and the flower. Also, that cake is darling and it looks scrumptious. What a lovely card! :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card...love the color combo ...Thanks for playing along at Birthday Sundaes... HUGS...SK :)

Karen Wilson said...

Hi Michele! Great card!! Love the colors!

Looking fwd to seeing your creations on Lasting Memories! I'm glad you're enjoying the challenges!

Have a great day!

Unknown said...

This is so pretty! Great color combo challenge choice - I may have to save this one for future reference. I think the image you chose suites the colors really well :)

Abby said...

Hi Michelle! Love your card!!!! love that color combo!!

thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog!!!

Abby

Monique said...

This is fabulous Michele... Love this color combo..Your flower is beautiful and all the pearls..Perfect birthday card for some one special :)....

Jens Craft Corner said...

Wow! I love the card! The colors are great! They very much compliment each other. Thank you for playing along with us at Birthday Sundaes.

Tina~in_ut said...

Love Love Love this card~ All your creations are fantastic~

Momo sent me~

Karen Wilson said...

I think this color combo is perfect and what a great card!!!

Patti said...

What a pretty card. I've been looking at your blog and I love all the inspiration. I especially love seeing scrapbook page layouts.

callahancountrybugs.blogspot.com

Eileen said...

jenny told me you love to scrap and make cards. haven't done scrapping but used to love making cards and thought i'd come peek--your card is just lovely and agree about the cake stamp...it certainly is adorable. makes me want to make cards again, but my quilts are calling!