Sunday, April 10, 2011

Rollin' into Spring 12 x 12 layout

Ahhh... with all this rain and colder than normal temps, it is a little gratifying to complete a layout all about Spring!!  Here I am sharing with you the moment that our Daughter tried her brand new 6th birthday rollerskates for the first time.  She was pretty timid at first... looking for the grass most of the time... knowing if she fell, it wouldn't hurt quite as much.  But she got better and better and more daring and adventurous as the afternoon went on. 
I used the color combo from PPC Crafty Challenges 54.  A new challenge starts tomorrow... so I sort of got this one in under the gun.  I am also entering this into Lasting Memories Ch 32 - Spring is in the Air as a part of their DT call.  I missed the "Prize" time for the challenge but am attempting to accomplish all 4 challenges for the month of April.  (Wish me luck)

And the color combo to follow...


Supplies:
All Stampin' Up ... unless otherwise noted.
Cardstock:  Basic Black, Melon Mambo, Blushing Bride, Whisper White, Ice Cream Parlor DSP
Embellishments:  Ice Cream Parlor button pack, Big disigner buttons - sweet stitches, neutrals brads collection, white gel pen, basic black stampin' write marker, corner punch, scallop punch, 2 3/8" scallop punch, XL decorative label punch, large oval punch, 1/4" black grosgrain ribbon, basic rhinestones.
CRICUT:  Cheerful Seasons (Cut Title at 2" using shadow and word features)

7 comments:

Karen Wilson said...

I love this LO!! I have similar pics of my daughter too. Very cute! Good luck with the DT call!!! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!!

Tamie said...

OMGoodness I just love, love this layout and the way you used the colors Michele. The details are wonderful. Boy do I remember learning how to skate and it was so much fun. What a super great memory. Thanks for sharing it with us at PPC.

Unknown said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I especially love what you did with the word spring and the doodling that comes after it.

Denise Pustelniak said...

Don't know how I missed this one. Wonderful LO! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories and GOOD LUCK!

Kristie W. said...

Fun spring layout! I like how you got so many pics on one layout. Thanks for playing along with Lasting Memories and good luck with the DT call!!

Joelle said...

Love this page! Great action sequence! I have a really hard time scrapping multiple pics on a page and I admire scrapbookers that can pull it off! You do it brilliantly!!

Sue said...

I love this page. Great mix of fonts on the title. Very fun layout.