Thursday, April 28, 2011

Lasting Memories Ch. 35 Sketch - 12 x 12 Layout "AAHH!"

Happy Thursday everyone!!  Which means almost the weekend!!  The title of my layout is how I feel right about now!  I feel relieved that I completed the 4th challenge LMCH 35 during the month of April to qualify for the Lasting Memories Layout Challenges DT call.  The "Aahh" title is actually my kiddos screaming with glee and fright while riding the caterpillar rollercoaster at the Fair over this last summer.  Pretty funny.  If I don't get the DT... I still plan on playing along with their challenges... for I have completed pages for my books.  A good feeling right there.  They have kept me motivated with some fun stuff each week.
Here is my submission: (Photo needs to be taken in natural daylight for better idea on colors)


And here is the sketch I was to follow...

Instead of embellishing the bottom right corner of the main photo... I chose to use a smaller photo of the kids in action.  It really tells the whole story!!  I giggle every time I look at it.  The title is a cute paper pieced caterpillar out of circle punches... and the rest is pretty self explanatory.  Hope you like.  Thanks for stopping by.  Any feedback VERY welcome!! Nighty night!!

Supplies:
All Stampin' Up... unless otherwise notes.
Cardstock:  Pacific Point, Yo Yo Yellow, Only Orange, Glorious Green, Tempting Turquoise, whisper white.
Ink:  Tempting Turquoise, Only Orange, Glorious Green
Stamps:  Quirky Alphabet (Title), Big Pieces (colorful border across)
Other:  Basic Rhinestones, Various circle punches, googly eye (Not Stampin' Up), hand drawn face, antennas and legs.

8 comments:

Karen Wilson said...

Oh LOVE this! Those colors are super vibrant and fun, just like that pic!! Gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories and good luck!

Sandy O said...

WOW, I love this layout. The colors are so fun, just like the pictures.

Kristie W. said...

Super creative take on the sketch. I love how you made the title! Thanks for playing along with Lasting Memories and good luck with the DT call!

Denise Pustelniak said...

Awesome LO and the colors are so cheery. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.

Karen Wilson said...

Morning Michele! Be sure to visit Lasting Memories today! :)

Deb said...

Congrats on making the DT - looking forward to being inspired by you :)

Deb xox

Denise Pustelniak said...

WELCOME ABOARD! Looking forward to working with you!

Lauren said...

Adorable! I love that you were able to get two photos into this sketch. Your "word caterpillar" is so cute! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories. Congratulations on making the DT - we are thrilled to have you!

Lauren