Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Hiking Double Page Layout - Inkspirations Colour Challenge 58

Good Evening all!!  We are having quite the snow storm here... so I have been digging out summer pictures to scrap.  I can at least pretend it's warmer!!  :-)  My biggest challenge is coming up with just the right color combo for a scrap layout.  In paroozing blogs, I stumbled upon the Inkspirations challenge blog.  PERFECT!  Their challenge was to create a project using the colors Early Espresso, Marina Mist, Tangerine Tango and Whisper white.  I GOOFED. (darn it)  I used Baja Breeze instead of Marina Mist. ( This is for all of you that have the SU colors memorized as do I.)  :-)

Either way these remind me of Earthy Hiking colors.  So here is what I came up with. 
Enjoy!  Thanks for looking!!

Left Page

Right Page

Supplies Used:
Stampin' Up 
Cardstock: Early Espresso, Baja Breeze, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White, Jersey Shore Designer Series Paper.
Stamp Set:  Well Worn Alphabet
Ink: Close To Cocoa
Embellishments: SU Basic Rhinestones, 1 3/4" circle punch and 1/2" circle punch, Arrow Punch
Other:  Jollee's Stickers (Hiking sign and Hiking Boots)

4 comments:

Michele K. said...

Hi Michele,
Love your scrap pages! Thanks for leaving me such a nice comment. I am following you now too! My family is in Anacortes and Bothell. I love it up there! Take care and keep in touch.
Michele
Oh and I am a Stampin Up demo. I love their colors and my hubby makes up new names for them all the time... cool cucumber, burnt brown, yucky yellow... LOL

Norma said...

Hi Michele, love the layouts and love the hiking boots on the corner:) What is the site to that challenge again? Thank you for sharing:)
Hugs,
Norma

Michele said...

http://www.inkspirations-challenges.blogspot.com/

Hi Norma... above is the link to the Inkspirations Challenge Blog. It's in gray color in the body of my post as well. It looks like a good one for us Stampin' Up Gals!! :-) (I'll send you an email too)

Anonymous said...

I love it! and i wish i was hiking right now instead of looking out the window watching yet more snow come down! :( Thanks so much for your comment on my blog - I love to be a little a different so that's the greatest compliment you could have given me! thank you! and thanks for sharing your amazing work! so much fun to look at!