Monday, February 28, 2011

Happy Birthday Card & some Babble

Hope everyone is having a good start to their Monday!!  I have a card to share with you that I made last night at the request of my Husband!!  :-)  Well... we all know when the Spouse actually requests you to go to your craft room... it's a no brainer!!  He has a very sweet eldery customer at his work that is turning 89 today.  She is the nicest Lady.  She brings my Hubby fine confectioners chocolates and homemade banana bread  and usually tops it off with some homemade crocheted washcloths for ME!!  I seriously think I have over 150 of these. (Anyone need some?)  She really enjoys making them.  Her favorite color is also BLUE.  She wears everything blue on a daily basis.  So with that in mind... here is my card that I made for her. 

I used the sketch from Karen over at Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 106 , I am also entering it at Paper Pals Art Challenge 82 - Use Scallops... and finally I am entering this at Creative Cutter Room.  Patriotic theme, 3d item, Banner/Flag, Button and Metal Embellishment.
Enjoy!  Thanks so much for all of your nice comments.  I read each and every one!!
Have a good day!!

Supplies:
Cardstock:  SU Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Pacific Point, Blueberry Crisp DSP, Celebrations DSP.
Stamps:  SU Slice of Life
Ink:  Pacific Point, Real Red, Yoyo yellow, Brocade blue
Other:  SU Filgree Brads, Basic Rhinestones, 2/3 Scallop Punch, Celebrations Quick Accents, Brads from Regals collection

10 comments:

Jenny said...

That is so sweet! I used to have customers like that and they just have a way of making your day. Great card!

Cricket's Cricut Creations said...

What a cute birthday card!! Love the embellishments! :) Thanks for joining the CreativeCutter.org blog hop challenge, DT Member Mollie

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Adorable card! Love the yummy cake! Thank you for joining us at Creative Cutter Room! Good Luck in the challenge! DT Member Carri

Linda Callahan said...

Great job with the sketch - cute card!

Cards by Gina said...

Ooooh--terrific birthday card! Love all your details. Thanks so much for playing along with us at PPA this week!

Unknown said...

I really, really love this one! All the fabulous polka dots, and just the way that it is laid out. It's fantastic!

Gina said...

I am a new follower, and I wanted to let you know I have an award at my blog for you at ginascraftingspot.com :)

Monique said...

What a great Birthday card.. :)

Michele K. said...

Love that card, Michele! And thanks so much for my award!! I better get busy so I have new things for my blog. You're the best! :)

Cathie Rigby said...

Such a cute card-love the metal embellishment. Thank you for sharing it over at The Creative Cutter Room. Hugs Cathie