Monday, August 15, 2011

PPC-CC #69 - Enjoy the Simple Things in Life (Card)

Another start to another week!!
I think I am going to get a kink in my neck watching these days fly by!!!
Which brings me to share with you another color combo challenge at Picture Perfect Creations #69!!  I think all of us need to slow down and enjoy the simple things in life.  Speaking for myself, as school nears, I am realizing that the kids will be absent from the house a few more hours of the day. While a part of me is looking forward to getting more done around here... a part of me is very sad.  Their little daily quarrels and wants and undivided attention needs are going to be missed.  I have many people in my life that DO enjoy the simple things on a daily basis and are always thinking of others before themselves.  This card is going to one of those very important individuals!!  Sometimes you gotta take the time to THANK those people and let them know how important they are.  I would tell you... but they might read this post.  :-)

Here is my card that I created...


And here is the color combo to use...Crumb Cake, Bravo Burgandy, Blushing Bride & Old Olive.



Won't you please come join us??  If anything... take a minute to check out what the FABULOUS DT members designed!  Go Here to see.
Happy Monday everyone.  Take a breather today!!  Enjoy!!

Supplies:  All Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted.
Cardstock:  Crumb Cake, Bravo Burgandy, Blushing Bride, Old Olive DSP, Whisper White,
Stamps:  Wings of friendship, Touch of Kindness
Ink:  Old Olive, Blushing Bride, Bravo Burgandy
Embellies:  Basic Pearls, 1/4" white grosgrain ribbon, Large and Small Oval punch, 1" circle punch, Brad from brights collection, white gel pen, swirlies embossing folder, Creative Memories circle cutter, dimensionals (for bird, 2 flowers), 



9 comments:

Lesley said...

Gorgeous card! How clever to use that stamp set! I love it!
Hugs,
Lesley

Sue said...

Beautiful card Michele. I love the bird and the branch he's sitting on. A wonderful sentiment as well, definitely something to strive for in all of our lives. You are so sweet to create this beautiful card to remind someone how important they are.

eileen said...

michele--that's adorable!!!! wonderful colors and the layout is fantastic--you have such a nice eye for all of this!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwww! This is BEAUTIFUL! I loveeeeeee the colors, the bird and those pearls! :):):):):):):)

Tamie said...

Absolutely stunning card! I would have never thought to use that stamp set the way you have with the colors. Another fabby inspirational card to look at. I here ya sometimes we forget to look at the little things we should enjoy. I know my neck hurts from the holidays going bye to fast. Hsve an amazing week :) Oh and all of the details are yummy :) on your card.

Michele K. said...

Better late than never right!?! I know who this card is for and she is going to LOVE it! Great job with the colors, Michele. I love the branch. Where is it from? :)

Leanne said...

Super cool, that birdie just pops, has that WOW factor! Great job! TFS!

Linda Anderson said...

Beautiful card Michele, absolutely beautiful!!! That should be everyone's motto, enjoy the simple things in life...there would be less to stress over!!! Have a wonderful weekend.

Linda

Lori Turner said...

Wow, girlie! I love this! You rocked this challenge BIG TIME! :)