Monday, August 8, 2011

PPC #68 - "Thank You" Card... for Mary. ;-)

Happy beginning of the week everyone!!  Today is another color combo challenge over at Picture Perfect Creations... crafty challenges.  The colors to use are More Mustard, Bashful Blue and Peach Parfait.  I gathered these hues together to make this card.


In my photo... I feel like Peach Parfait and More Mustard look exactly alike.  They ended up blending together.  Peach Parfait is my background strip under the ribbon and the flowers are stamped in that color ink as well.  Either way.. I am happy with how my card turned out. 



This is a card I made for a Customer of my Hubby's.  Her name is Mary, she is in her Elder years and she brings my hubby special cookies from a fine confectioner's bakery about 3 times a week and she crochets dishcloths (for me)... that I seriously have about 70 of them now.  If you follow my blog... I typed up a similar post about 4 months ago about this wonderful person named Mary.  So.. no... you are not experiencing Deja Vu.  I know this little Thank You card will probably earn me about 40 to 50 more dishcloths in the coming months.  :-)
I love them!!  I just have a TON of them! 
So look out Family and Friends... you just might receive one of these as a gift topper.  Name your color...I bet I have it!!
On a completely serious note... what would we do in this world without people like Mary??
It's people like this that make you stop and cherish life a bit more.  She is sweet as can be, and I know my Hubby looks forward to her visits. 

I hope you all get to know a "Mary" in your lifetime!! 
Come on over to PPC and check out what the other fabulous DT members created.  What I love about us all... is we all come up with such a different take on the colors.  It's fun and very inspiring!!
Hope to see you try this week.
Thanks for visiting!! 

Supplies:
All Stampin' Up Products

Cardstock:  Crumbcake, Bashful Blue, More Mustard, Peach Parfait, Whisper White
Stamps:  Printed Petals, Touch of Kindness
Embellies:  Brads - Earth Elements, DSP Buttons - Playground, 1/4" grosgrain bashful blue ribbon, white baker's twine
Ink:  Peach Parfait, Black

8 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

How sweet are YOU and MARY!?!?!?! Those dishcloths sound divine...and sooooooooo sweet of you to make her a card! I loveeeeeeeeeeee all the yellow and the flowers are FAB! :):):):):):):):)

Unknown said...

Love the double border and the fun buttons :)

Tamie said...

People like Mary truly make our world a happier place. I agree homemade dish cloths are just awesome. Your card is fun and I just love the layers on it and the flowers oh are so wonderful. The colors blended more than I though they would too. Another fabby card from a great crafter. WTG!!

Sue said...

Beautiful card Michele. The colors are wonderful, even if the photo doesn't show them correctly. I know Mary will appreciate the card. She sounds like the most wonderful person.

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

wonderful card! love the flowers and the center of the flowers (my favorite part!)

Lisa Kmiec said...

Very pretty! I love the layout of this card!

Lori Turner said...

Gorgeous card girlie! Love your flowers :) WTG!

Linda Anderson said...

Ahhhhh, I love reading about Mary. She sounds like a wonderful woman! Kindness from the heart!

Gorgeous card is right Michele!! I love it! I know what you mean about the peach and mustard looking very similar! A perfect card for Mary!!!

Linda