Sunday, June 10, 2012

LMCB 92 - "Sweatin' to the Oldies" - Summer Layout

Good Sunday morning to you all!  I'm here to share with you the latest challenge over at

Now for this weeks challenge and it's sooooooo fun! We're "Sweatin To The Oldies" with a twist! It has to be a SUMMER song lyric from the 50's - 70's!! Come on out and join the fun with us as we dance the week away!

Here is a double page spread I did of my kiddos and I hanging out at our "Home away from home" during the summer time.  (Hubby working) Can you figure out my song choice?? 


"I can see clearly now that the rain is gone.  It's going to be a bright, bright sun-shiny day."
1972 - Johnny Cash
Just so you all know... when I thought of this one.. and mind you, I was only 2 when it came it out... it has been stuck in my head all week.  :-)

Here are some close-ups...


This layout is done mostly using the "Footloose" kit from Close to My Heart
 I like the beachy colors.  It's sort of one of my more scattered layouts.  I kept adding stuff.  Didn't know when to stop.  I'm sure you can all relate.  "Just gotta walk away."

Come out and join us for our fun "Sweatin' to the Oldies" challenge.
You can win this!!!
Stacia is hosting our giveaway this week!!

Or be FEATURED, or be a Part of our TOP 3!!
Thanks for stopping by!  I'll be back tomorrow with another layout!!
Happy rest of the weekend!!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I just love your paper colors! They fit the photos so well! The page reflects the title well. Now the song is stuck in my head too! LOL

TeenaBugg38 said...

oh Michele, this is just adorable! Your choice of song is spot on with your photos.....beautifully done!

K Clark said...

love how you used the footloose papers.... super cute! oh... also love the pics at the top of your blog ;)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is sooooooooooo fun!! LOVING the photos, the title work and LOVING the clouds!!!!

Denise Pustelniak said...

Awesome two-pager!
PS I WASN'T EVEN BORN YET! HAHA!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Great song choice. Johnny Cash is from our county so they are having a huge concert in his honor this weekend at our fairgrounds. Love all the pics and the double pages are so great together. Love the bright title too.

Karen Wilson said...

Oh how fun and the PERFECT song choice too!! Love all your little embellishments and especially the photo's!!

Haven_mom4 said...

Great song choice as your layout is definately sunny.

Scrappin Mama said...

Love your layout Great song choice for the day it looks like you had and has so much fun!