Happy happy weekend to you all!! And with the glorious weekend, we have a NEW FUN challenge for you over at Lasting Memories Layout Challenges!! LMCB 91
HOW DO YOU FOLD??
HUH?? Is that what you are saying? Well... just keep reading. This is easy and fun!!
We want to see you FOLD PAPER on your layouts!! Everything from folded corners, to fan-fold flowers to circles folded in half for a banner... to MY idea... PINWHEELS!! There are so many variations of folded paper and what you can do... and we want to see your secret paper folds!!
If you don't have your own idea... STEAL one of the fabulous ideas from our DESIGN TEAM!! Lots of wonderful inspiration there!!
But back to my FOLDED PAPER IDEA... I chose to do a PINWHEEL for this challenge.
Here is my Folded Paper Pinwheel!! I'll get to the "How to" in a second.
And here is close-up of all my STAR and CIRCLE punches that I am using... for I am entering this over with the Ladies at FROSTED DESIGNS . Their current FAB FRIDAY challenge is to use PUNCHES.
You have until Thursday to enter their challenge.
And last but not least... I followed a VERY inspiring sketch over at ARTFUL DELIGHT. It's their sketch for JUNE. I'm way ahead of the game on this one! I followed the sketch almost exactly, except that I added 2 more photos in the corner because I just had to have my kids with sparklers on this layout.
You have LOTS of time to join in the JUNE Sketch challenge!!
Soooo.... I hope you find some time to join us all at LASTING MEMORIES for our "How do you Fold??" challenge!!! You have until Saturday, June 9th at 9pm EST to join!!!
We do have a PRIZE This week!
A SURPRISE Goody Bag from our Scrappy Leader KAREN !!
You also have the chance to be a part of our TOP 3 or FEATURED throughout the week. That is a whole bunch of reasons to play!!
Ohhhh... and so you might be wondering how I made my Pinwheel?? Pretty darn easy. I will give you the real quick version of a tutorial... but... I may be able to point you to our Lasting Memories challenge blog for a more detailed tutorial version later on this week!!
1. Cut out any size square of paper. I used 3" x 3" for mine.
2. Cut a straight line from each corner of the square to the center... not quite cutting all the way through.
3. Fold each pointed corner piece inward towards the center of the square, overlapping the points.
4. Punch a small hole in the center of the square where all the points join and fasten with a brad, eyelet, anything you can think of. I used a brad for mine.
5. That is it. You have a 4 pointed pinwheel.
6. I made 2 of these and then layered them on top of each other for more POP and Dimension.
7. The final touch is a lollipop stick added for the handle.
Thanks for stopping by!! Happy Scrappin'!!