Sunday, July 22, 2012

LMCB 98 - Black and White with a splash of color!!

Good Sunday Morning.  It's time for the next FUN challenge over at
 LASTING MEMORIES Layout challenges.

This week we want to see BLACK and WHITE with a SPLASH of color.
This can be a Black and White photo/photos... or use color photos and use mostly Black and White paper and decor.  How ever you interpret it, the idea is Black and White with a little pizzaz added.  :-)

Here is what I did...


Our son is turning 6 this month... and I remembered I had this fantastic photo of him from his very FIRST birthday eating his cake that a very dear friend snapped of him.  If you notice... the photo is Black and White, but then his eyes are colored in blue.  That is his real eye color.  So sticking with the BLUE... I added some more blue patterned paper along with some green.  I have to admit, this is a challenge!!  I had a hard time sticking with just one color.  I stated in my journaling that "Your big bue eyes hold so many "Firsts" to come."  Indeed he has explored life to his fullest thus far!!

Thanks so much for visiting!!  You have until Saturday, July 28th at 9pm EST to link up HERE.
Can't wait to see what you come up with!!
~Michele

7 comments:

TeenaBugg38 said...

Oh my gosh Michele!!! LOVE THIS!!!!! You did an amazing job on the selective coloring and the photo is just to stinkin cute for words! I can't say enough how much I love your take on this weeks challenge....you rocked it!!!

Lynn said...

Aweee! Gorgeous and sweet masculin layout!
I really like your color choice and the pennant banner is awesome!
Cheers!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOODNESS!! I am IN LOVE with that photo!!! Your lo is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeee the colors and the banner!!!!

Renee B. said...

What a sweet layout Michele...your little guy has beautiful eyes!! Is his birthday July 29th? That is my sons BD (but he is just a few yrs. older than yours...39 next week!) I love pictures of kids eating birthday cake & smearing it all over their face!
Hugs, Renee

Unknown said...

Oh how sweet! Those blue eyes just grab you! Darling layout!

Denise Pustelniak said...

Love this Michele! TYou highlighted him perfectly!

V's Sweet Ideas said...

Love it!!! This is so beautiful and the banners are very cute.