Friday, March 2, 2012

Which came first??? Blog Hop

Memories In Tyme Blog Hop


Welcome to the "Which Came First???" Blog Hop!!

Who knew that a single piece of paper or a tiny rubber stamp would start an addiction that could overtake our dining rooms, living rooms, and bedrooms???   What started it for you?  Did you start by stamping cards and then progress to scrapbooking?  Were you an avid picture-taker turned cardmaker?  Or did you pick something from the start and stick with it?  Join us on our adventure as we share how we each got started in the scrapbooking and stamping craft!!  You'll find some fun stories, neat projects, and awesome folks along the way, we hope you'll enjoy each and every moment!!

Let's get hopping!!  If you've hopped over from KIMBERLY, then you are in the right place!!  If you've just popped in to visit my blog or are reading this via email and you'd like to join our FUN, then please CLICK HERE to start at the beginning with Lynda's blog...

For the hop today, I've posted a few double page layouts that I have created within the last year.  These are layouts that best show how I now love to use, patterned paper, die cuts, punches, embellishments, fun letter alphas... and what would I do without some sketches to follow??


And for fun... some of us are posting a very OLD layout that we have done to show how far we've come in the scrapbooking/stamping world.

  Mine is from 10 years ago when I was pregnant.  LOTS OF STICKERS was the popular thing back then.  Those rounded corner punches for the photos and no backing on the photos.  Uggh.. what was I thinking??  I remember I owned stamps back then, but didn't think to use them on my layouts.  I would use the very few that I owned for card making.

So to answer the infamous question from our Blog Hop... "WHICH CAME FIRST?"  ...
I made my first scrapbook for a friend in High School 20 years ago.  I sort of took a break and then was introduced to Stampin' Up in 1996.  A few cards here and there... then full on Scrapbooking started in 1999.  I scrapbook and make cards on a pretty equal basis now and as much as I can. 

Thank you again for checking out my projects...  Now follow the links below and remember to visit all the stops for MAXIMUM ideas and LOTS OF FUN!!

Your next hop stop is..... the ever talented AMY!!  Have fun!!


16 comments:

Vicki said...

I have enjoyed reading all of the blogs in this hop. It has been fun to see the advancement made on each participants part but it has also been fun to see how everyone started out..I think it is great that you now incorporate your stamping into your scrapping. Those are things I would like to do but I am still trying to figure out how to prioritize my time to be able to do both..

transport7800@aol.com
http://mawmawsthoughts.blogspot.com
follower

BlueCrayons said...

beautiful LO's. the oldie is cute too. your a beautiful pregnant woman. :O)

Claire Spielman said...

Hi Michelle,
LOVED your H2O l/o!! So what if your old ones don't look up to par! Since we are all getting older, at least WE look better than before as well! The important thing I've learned today from this hop, no matter what you do, enjoy it and preserve it!!
Creative Wishes, & TFS
Claire S.
www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

craftin-dawn said...

Really love your layouts! I have really enjoyed this blog hop!! Thanks so much for sharing!
View my Blog HERE
DawnD

Anonymous said...

Very sweet layouts, thank you for sharing them.

Brenda said...

I have enjoyed all the stops in this hop! It has been so fun to see where we all started and we all started about the same to where we have came! It has been loads of fun and I have enjoyed seeing all the old as well as the newer lo's I have been inspired as well as laughing and saying, "yep, I've done that and been there!"

bsl60 at embarqmail dot com

Michelle (scrappinforkenzie) said...

so funny with the stickers!!! We definitely had a lot in common!! :) I am soooo loving your newer ones with those gorgeous papers!

Lisa said...

Your pages have come a long way and yes I remember the stickers but I always tried to put mats behind my pics from early on. TFS.

Vicki said...

Beautiful current layouts. Your early layout looks just like mine. Now I have a drawer of stickers that I will never use. Thanks for sharing your story.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

How FUN!! I loveeeeeeee your lo's!!! I found out my first scrapbook was made in 1985!! lol!! I made it for my Aunt! I made a bunch of stamped thumb people on the pages! LOL!!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Love your layouts from this last year especially the woods one. Love all your pics as your belly grew. What a great thing to have.

Karen Wilson said...

Hey Michele!! Look at all those stickers - you looked amazing pregnant!! What cute pics to have. You've come a long way, I think we all have!!! Love your "new" lo's you shared too!! TFS your story! What a fun hop!

Connie said...

It is always entertaining to look back! I really like your water skiing page! Great use of patterned papers.

Janet said...

Love your current layouts the Water fall is neat! How fun to see how different we look at things now
Big Blog hugs! Janet

Aim said...

Michele, I see that you and I (and several others in this hop) had VERY similar beginnings!! Isn't it funny how we all found each other here in Bloggie Land??? :) I've long admired your current layouts, and now I can smile with you at one of your first layouts -- As it really is so much like so many of mine!! I'm so glad you shared your story!! WHAT FUN!! :)

Thanks for participating in the hop!!
Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

GabyCreates.com said...

OMGosh! love your layouts!! I love two pagers but the meaning of your single one is priceless!