Sunday, July 17, 2011

Lasting Memories Ch #47 - Distressing - Life Gives you many reasons to smile...

... and my kids are one of mine!!
Good Sunday morning to you!!  Today at Lasting Memories we have a "Distressing" challenge for you!!  Create a layout and add some sort of distressing to it.  This could be tearing edges, inking sides of paper, adding ink any ol' place here and there for a distressed/messy "artful" look.  The Design Team gals have many wonderful examples to share with you.  Go check them out! 
Here is mine...

I will share with you... that I am not a huge fan of distressing... mostly for the reason that my "Tears" don't come out right (in my eyes) and every time I do distress something... I want to fix it and go for the more clean look.  I need to experiment a little more.  This was a good challenge to get me to do something a little different!!
On my layout above, I inked the sides of the journaling pieces, the edges of the Crumb Cake cardstock behind the photo... and then I added some brown distressing ink on the background paper itself just for some highlights behind the journaling.  Everything else is pretty "Clean" and simple.  This is one of my most favorite photos of my kids together.  Kept the whole layout on the neutral side as to not "Overpower" the photo is itself. 
Enjoy... and go check out Lasting Memories Challenge 47 and show us your distressing talent!!
Have a great day!!

Supplies:  All Stampin' Up
Cardstock:  Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue, Crumb Cake, Whisper White
Ink:  Chocolate Chip, Basic Brown, Brocade Blue
Embellies:  1 1/4" circle punch, bashful blue brads, white gel pen, photo corner punch
Stamps:  (These are all retired and I borrowed from a friend.. .didn't make a note of)

7 comments:

artfuldelight said...

Fabulous LO!! :-)

Unknown said...

You did a fabulous job with the challenge. I love how you highlighted the journaling. Great idea.
Hugs
Brenda
I would be honored if you came to see my blog here

GabyCreates.com said...

Oh so cute! your kids and the layout...great idea to ink behind the journaling! What I have a hard time with is shimmer misting my layout... have not tried yet! Hope you are having a wonderful summer!

Jenny said...

So sweet! Bre and Brendan are going to appreciate these so much when they are older (as will you!)

Michele K. said...

I love everything you do, Michele! Your kiddos are so cute, especially those smiles. Great layout. I know what you mean about distressing, it is against my perfectionist nature. You were able to distress but still have the clean crisp lines... I like what you did. :)

Denise Pustelniak said...

This is some wonderful distressing, love your photos too. I find it really hard to do clean & simple .

Unknown said...

Very nice! I, like you, tend to shy away from doing much distressing. I love the inking that you did :)